Node Magazine?

Anyone see http://node.tumblr.com/?

Chapter summaries and spoilers.
 
Fucking fallopian sperm races.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
Yes, we've seen it. So long ago, the thread's already locked!
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
quote:
Originally posted by Justy:
Yes, we've seen it. So long ago, the thread's already locked!


Sorry. First post didn't mean to offend.

It looks like a lot of work and kind of cool but some people are mad?
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
Not mad, no, at least not me.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
quote:
Originally posted by warchalker:

Sorry. First post didn't mean to offend.

It looks like a lot of work and kind of cool but some people are mad?


Do not worry about it, your opinion is as valuable as anyone else's here.

The old, locked discussion thread about Node Magazine, cannot, by definition, say anything about patternboy's more recent project of publishing two short teaser / spoiler chapter summaries and quotations each day, in the countdown to the official publication date of Spook Country

Since this official William Gibson Books discussion forum will have some casual visitors referred via search engines, detailed pre-publication discussion about the plot and characters of Spook Country does not seem to be appropriate here.

There will be some people whose enjoyment of the book will be "spoiled" to a greater or lesser extent, even though many other people will not be bothered, and some visitors may be intrigued or teased or perhaps stimulated into reading it, when they would not otherwise have done so.

You are welcome instead, to post any comments on the far more obscure Node Magazine blog or on Spook Country blog, since the tumblr blog publishing site does not have any comment facility itself.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
quote:
Originally posted by Memetic Engineer:
Since this official William Gibson Books discussion forum will have some casual visitors referred via search engines, detailed pre-publication discussion about the plot and characters of Spook Country does not seem to be appropriate here.

It's perfectly appropriate, provided the thread
is clearly marked as containing spoilers so as
not to disturb those who haven't had the
opportunity to read it.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
quote:
Originally posted by Memetic Engineer:
quote:
Originally posted by warchalker:

Sorry. First post didn't mean to offend.

It looks like a lot of work and kind of cool but some people are mad?


Do not worry about it, your opinion is as valuable as anyone else's here.

The old, locked discussion thread about Node Magazine, cannot, by definition, say anything about patternboy's more recent project of publishing two short teaser / spoiler chapter summaries and quotations each day, in the countdown to the official publication date of Spook Country

Since this official William Gibson Books discussion forum will have some casual visitors referred via search engines, detailed pre-publication discussion about the plot and characters of Spook Country does not seem to be appropriate here.

There will be some people whose enjoyment of the book will be "spoiled" to a greater or lesser extent, even though many other people will not be bothered, and some visitors may be intrigued or teased or perhaps stimulated into reading it, when they would not otherwise have done so.

You are welcome instead, to post any comments on the far more obscure Node Magazine blog or on Spook Country blog, since the tumblr blog publishing site does not have any comment facility itself.


Thanks, Memetic Engineer.

I thought other people might like it too. I can't wait to read the new book (I loved Pattern Recognition and the previous books). Reading the Node blog is fun for now and I will probably like it even more after I read the book.

Thanks again for being so kind.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
Has anybody else looked at this? It keeps adding new summaries every day with pictures, quotes and even maps of locations in the book.

I wish other people were talking about the book too or at least about the ideas. Maybe this will be better after everyone else reads it first?
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
quote:
I wish other people were talking about the book too or at least about the ideas. Maybe this will be better after everyone else reads it first?


it will be. the tubes are silent out of consideration for those that haven't read it yet.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
quote:
Originally posted by Archie:
quote:
I wish other people were talking about the book too or at least about the ideas. Maybe this will be better after everyone else reads it first?


it will be. the tubes are silent out of consideration for those that haven't read it yet.


I like all the extra info like photos and maps of locations in the book. I will probably like it more after I read the book too.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
I saw someone selling uncorrected proof of Spook Country on eBay. The node tumblr is based on one.

Does anyone else buy these?
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
Bought one of the first that came out.. read the threads
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
Node might be something other than a magazine?
 
Like Like (0 likes)
Permalink
 
ClosedAdditional replies and votes are not permitted on this topic.